Hey all, so i was in the hospital yesterday for 16 hours with contractions 8-10 minutes and after being checked I was 5cm dilated. Contractions werent too painful but the fact they were regular was what sent me in. Anyhow, after my doctor checked me that morning at a regular doctor appointment I was 3cm, so in a matter of hours I reached 5cm. Point of my post, I was sent home. Im 37 weeks, and doctor doesnt want to break my water until I can reach 6cm on my own, REALLY, he wants me to dilate just one more cm, whats one more cm?!? Im so frustrated and miserable, the babys head is engaged and the doc can even feel it when im being checked. I go back back tomorrow for a stress test and a vaginal check to see if Ive progressed any. Oh the joys of being pregnant, and the waiting game....
I would be happy they sent me home. It is also good your doctor waits to break your water. I was induced at 37 weeks and they broke my water & I never progressed more than 2cm after almost 2 days in labor. It sucked & I ended up with a c-section. Point is, better to wait until you are further dilated so you don't possibly end up with a c-section, your water can only be broken for so long before they do a c-section because of lack of progress. I understand how frustrating it is I really do, I felt like crying after I labored that long with no progress.
My doctor is a great doctor. Never said he wasnt I was just frustrated with myself, after being admitted for so long in early labor and nothing happened for me. Maybe tomorrow I will be at 6cm when I go in for my stress test and we can get this party started!! It just sucks to be in pain and so uncomfortable knowing your so close but just not there yet. Thanks ladies.
I know how u feeling...i was at 5cm at 36 weeks...at my 37 week appt i was still 5cm...at 37 weeks and 4 days i had contractions every 3-4 min apart but nothing painful...my husdand took me to the hospital and i was 6 cm the doct wanted me to go for a walk.so i went back after one hour i was still 6 cm but the water bag was out side from my cervix...ready to broke so they kept me...i was walking all night...had contractions but nothing painfull when the nurse check me ib the morning i was still 6cm but 90% thin...that was 7am on suturday.the doct came in at 10:00 am he checked me i was 7 cm and he sad no pain no game...so he broke my water.at 10:15...i had strong cinteactions but not close 2gether so at 12:00 they start potosin...she born 14:04 pm...only 4 hours of full labor and no epidural this time.good luck to u.