If DS doesn't decide to come before Monday I have to be at the hospital at 6 am to be induced. My doctor said on Tuesday that since my blood pressure is high and my blood sugar is out of whack hes going to induce me on Monday. This whole pregnancy I've been praying that he comes on his own and I wouldn't have to be induced again because I had a horrible experience with it last time. When I was induced at 39 wks with DD it took 13 hours and my epidural didn't work. I've heard that 13 hours is relatively short for an induction but the pitocin made it excruciating. I wouldn't wish that pain on my worst enemy. And when she came out she turned in the birth canal kindof corkscrewing herself as she was comming out and was born "sunny side up". I had an ultrasound yesterday and the tech said hes face down and in the perfect position for birth I just hope he doesn't decide to turn like his sister. I go back to the doctor today for my last appointment before Monday I guess to talk about the induction and how its gonna go. I really hope he decides to come before Monday. I've been contracting for weeks but I guess its been mostly BH contractions because there hasn't been much progress made, he checked me last Tuesday and I was only a fingertip dilated he didn't say anything about effacement. I'm gonna talk to him today and see if theres a way to be induced without the use of pitocin. ugh. sorry just sort of ranting and rambling because I'm really nervous.
I'd ask if you can go the route of Cervadil until you're 3-4 centimeters/50% dilated and then have them artificially rupture your water.
Ask if you can try that option and then do Pitocin.
My last 2 births were induced and I quite enjoyed them. They were 5 and 6 hours long. One I did unmedicated and she was out in 30 minutes and the other I had a "light" epidural and I didn't even really push for her to come out. She just sorta fell out.
<blockquote><b>Quoting SAFFY™:</b>" I'd ask if you can go the route of Cervadil until you're 3-4 centimeters/50% dilated and then have them ... [snip!] ... 30 minutes and the other I had a "light" epidural and I didn't even really push for her to come out. She just sorta fell out."</blockquote>
I was only 2 cm when I was given cervidil. But my water had also broken on its own. They gave me cervidil by mouth too, which I've since found out is pretty uncommon.