1) They are good in the fridge for 3-5 days, freezer for 3 months. If thawed, they should be eaten within a day or two. It also depends on whether or not you've served out of the food or not. If you serve out of food in the fridge, use it within a day because the bacteria from the spoon being used gets into the food (if that makes sense).
2) General rule of thumb is to simmer fruits, steam vegetables, and bake potatoes and squash.
3) Pears are probably the best to serve with veggies, but apples, nectarines and peaches work as well.
4) If I ever bought pureed food, I only bought Ella's Kitchen or Plum Organics. They're both organic, and have no additives.
(The four on the left)
5) My favorite site is http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/
. It has recipes, sample menus, the nutritional value of each food, and the best way to cook each food to retain the most nutrients.