Well I guess I should start my labor story on Jan 7 at 32w2d. It was a normal work day and I had a dr appt for the start of my 2x weekly NSTs. At the appt my BP was 175/99. Started the NST but couldn't keep baby on monitor. Had a u/s and she was sleeping but "breathing". Rechecked my BP and it was 169/100. Sent straight to hospital direct admitted for 24 hour urine and blood draws. Received the first of 2 steroid shots. Was on continuous fetal monitoring with bathroom privileges.
On Wed morning the first resident told me my levels were high but I could probably be treated as a outpatient. I was excited. Fast forward a few hours and the attending comes in. My levels were like 750. Gonna have to stay in hospital to be monitored and deliver at 34 weeks. I cried. Only good thing is the monitor came off and only had to do 2 NST a day.
So the next week and a half dragged on of blood draws and U/S' to measure growth and such. Plus an increase of BP meds because they were still kinda high with the threat of delivering even earlier.
At midnight Thursday I went over to L&D to begin my induction. I was given mag for BP and started on antibiotics for GBS.
I was only 1cm and 50%.
1am-first round of cytotec
9am-and a 3rd.
I made it to 3cm and still onlt 50% so they started the Pit.
Around 4pm I believe they tried the foley bulb was only in for about and hour and went to 4cm but still 50%
Broke my water at 5pm and placed internal uterine monitor.
Epidural at 930pm and sometime around there placed internal fetal.
Throughout the whole night, Dylan stayed at -3 station and I only made it to 5cm and 70% so at 730ish am they called in "failure to progress" and decided a c-section would be best. Plus she was having decells.
After 33 hours of labor, Dylan Josephine was born at 34w1d at 8:57 am on January 19, 2013. Sharing a birthday with her uncle, who was so excited.
My chunky preemie was
She had CPAP for a few minutes after birth but from then on was breathing on own. Had jaundice and was in isolette til 8days. We are now working on eating by mouth and she is not very interested. So we still have the NG tube.
right after section
8 days old
Due March 1st 2013
Baby Dance as some people say. EDD 2/24/13
BFP at Dr appt for my annual. Had no idea. Took urine test in office and blood test at hospital.
5w6d U/S to confirm pregnancy. Dates not adding up
6w5d U/S baby growing fine. HR 136. Might have just ovulated late.
9w5d- quick U/S because couldn't hear HR on doppler in room.
11w6d- NT scan. HR 162. All good =]
13w5d- First official prenatal/centering visit. Had quick U/S w/ no pic print out. HR was 157
17w5d- Second Centering visit. HR 143. Anatomy scan 10/10 @ 19w5d
- 19w5d. HR 155. It's a GIRL!!! Getting another u/s in 2 weeks because baby was face down and couldn't measure everything
21w5d HR 147. Had U/S but Dylan was face down with arms up. Next appt and u/s 11/7
- 23w5d. HR147. Fundal height was 30 something weeks. Have to get u/s for growth every 4 weeks. Had u/s to get missed measurements but Dylan was still face down. So have to go to Akron Children's Maternal Fetal because they have better u/s machine
24w6d Dylan measuring 25w4d. she weighs 2.05lbs in 73rd percentile. heart rate 158
25w5d. Heart rate 158. growth ultrasound in 2 weeks. gotta get NSTs 2x a week starting @ 32 weeks. will be induced at 39 weeks unless i go before.
- 27w5d. Heart rate 144. still measuring a week ahead. weighs about 3.1 pounds. still laying on my bladder
29w5d. Heart rate 140. growth ultrasound in
31w5d. Heart rate 142. measuring 2 weeks ahead at 33w. belly measuring 37w. Might have to go to children's maternal fetal to see if they get same thing. estimated weight 5.7lbs. start 2x a week NSTs next week
- 32w2d. Went NST. BP was 175/99 and 169/100. Direct admitted to Akron City. Started 24 hrs urine, blood draws and U/S on 1/8. Results came back. I have severe pre-e and will deliver at 34 weeks.
- Increased my BP meds because my pressure was 150 something systolic. They have gone down, otherwise they would take me earlier.
- 33w4d. Been at Akron City for 8 days, only 3 more left. Getting my cervix checked today. They said I can be induced to try giving birth vaginally but I am at a higher risk for c-section.
-33w6d. 3pm. 9 hours til the start of my induction.
- 34w. I went over to L&D at midnight. Had magnesium and ATB IVs. Checked cervix was 1cm and 50%. 1am, first cytotec. Check at 5 am, still the same, another cytotec. Check around 9am, another cytotec. Did foley bulb. Went to 4cm but still 50%. Started pit. Broke water at 5pm. Epi at 930pm. Contractions still irregular. Made it to 5cm and 70% and stalled after 33 hours in labor. Plus she was having decells.
34w1d. C-section and delivered at 8:57am. Weighed 6lbs 10oz, 19.5in
I have been so lucky that Dylan has been doing so well. She only needed CPAP for a few minutes right after birth. She's been on room air from the beginning. She was in the isolette and under bili lights for about a week, her IV came out around the same time. Our last big thing is eating by mouth. She is slowly getting there. She takes anywhere from 20mls to a whole bottle PO at each feeding and she gets 60mls every 3 hours.
Dylan is still not interested with bottles, they are giving her to 39 weeks to see if its just prematurity. After that they will look to see if its something more. Of course that has been in the back of my mind, will she have delays/other problems.
On Sat 2/23, they pulled her ng tube and let her eat ad lib. On Wed 2/27, we were discharged! Two days before my due date.
Its been a long 40 days filled with tears and smiles.