A berry off a fake floral arrangement. It's the size of a small pea, soft, and when I broke one it looked like it was made of foam or styrofoam. I'm not one hundred percent sure that he swallowed one, but I just took one out of his mouth. I'm just worried about it possibly being made of styrofoam. Do I just let it pass on its own or call his pedi? Poison control?
<blockquote><b>Quoting aiden&jared'smommy:</b>" personally I had this happen (our christmas tree has fake berries) and my baby girl ate one I just let it pass but kept an eye on her. The inside looked just like styrofoam too."</blockquote>
<blockquote><b>Quoting Squid Kid:</b>" DD swallowed glass once. She just passed it. As long as it's not a magnet or a large shard of glass, generally they'll just tell you to watch for it in the stool."</blockquote>
Eek, glass? Makes me feel a hell of alot less worried about what's going right now. Kids are so much tougher than I realize sometimes. I'll just keep an eye on him to make sure his tummy isn't hurting or anything. This berry was so small I doubt I could find it in his stool lol.
<blockquote><b>Quoting crazy coupon lady:</b>" If it does not pass in a few days, get lo checked out. You will have to look for it to be sure tho. ... [snip!] ... ultrasounds and can be lodged in tiny places (sticks like glue) and can cause infection. That's if lo actually swallowed it."</blockquote>
I don't think he would have swallowed it, but since I'm not sure I will be checking his poop. Yayyy! /: the outside of the berry was painted, so maybe that will help prevent it from sticking? It's small enough that I'm hoping it will just get swept through him with "everything else"
Quoting A is Me:" <blockquote><b>Quoting Squid Kid:</b>" DD swallowed glass once. She just passed it. ... [snip!] ... eye on him to make sure his tummy isn't hurting or anything. This berry was so small I doubt I could find it in his stool lol."
If you can you might try to look up the product online and make sure it doesn't contain led? If it's an older product or if it was made in a foreign country I would check it out and try to find out. Also make sure next time your at the pedi to have them test for led. Better to know than to just assume he's fine. I'm a little paranoid about that kind of stuff since my son supposedly tested positive for high led levels at his 2 year check up. (We took him to get tested again and it showed low levels.)