Quoting min.:" I have some questions for you. This is my goal in life and I'd like to know more about how it works for ... [snip!] ... have? Do you buy most things from second hand stores? Do you wish you were a working mom? Do you get government support? TIA."
I had always planned to stay at home with young children. My plan was to look after a few other children, but I decided against this, my children are enough responsibility for me right now
I am able to take unpaid leave for a few years from my job, so that is what I am doing. We saved up a bunch of money first, my husband and I make about the same amount. We are slowly going through that money.
As for your questions:
What does your husband/boyfriend do for a living?
- computers, government job.
Did you have to alter your budget by getting rid of cable or other extras?
- we did get rid of cable but we upgraded internet and cell phones. We give ourselves less for personal spending money and groceries now.
How many vehicles do you have?
- one, my husband takes the bus to work, we have only ever had one vehicle.
Do you buy most things from second hand stores?
- Most children clothing is from second hand stores, but that is because I can't bring myself to pay much for clothing that might get stained and will be outgrown very soon. They have very cute clothing.
Do you wish you were a working mom?
- not at all. There was one day in the last two + years that I wished I was at work
. I do miss the time to myself, without children crawling on me and my co-workers though
Do you get government support?
- I was going to say 'no' but everyone in Canada gets $100/child/month under the age of 6 and I do get an extra $144/month because we have two children and make under a threshold, I can't remember what this is for though, it was just because we file our taxes and checked a box to be considered for various money