Quoting Adriana's Mami♥:" The woman I am considering has been a caregiver for over 20 years, she's with an agency and I was good ... [snip!] ... for a few minutes. In a centre there are multiple people so its not like they can lose their temper. Ah, this is difficult."
I would want to know a few things first
1. Does her method of disipline line up with yours?
2. In 20 years how often has she updated her skills?
3. What is her policy if children are sick?
4. Are you required to pay for absent days and her vacation time?
5. At what number does she refuse to take on additional children?
6. What happens if she is sick?
7. Are the children on a routine that lines up with their level of development?
8. Can she provide contact information for other famillies that have used her?
9. Does she have CPR and a valid police check?
10. What about visitors to her home? Can anybody stop by and spend time with your child?
Also if the agency that she is with is Wee Watch, I wouldn't put a lot of stock into their screening process