re: *~*NEW (2013) Official Harry Potter Trivia Thread*~*
posted 25th Feb
So far I only have 2 Hufflepuffs, 2 Gyffindors, 2 Slytherin and 1 Ravenclaw answering my trivia. We need more!quote
I'm TTC since May '13, have 3 kids & live in California
posted 25th Feb
<blockquote><b>Quoting Harva:</b>" So far I only have 2 Hufflepuffs, 2 Gyffindors, 2 Slytherin and 1 Ravenclaw answering my trivia. We need more!"</blockquote>
It's open until tomorrow, yes? I'm going to try to get on my laptop tonight to work on your trivia
posted 26th Feb
1. 400 points if correct -200 points if wrong.
Name all of the defenses around/in the Lestrange vault to protect against thieves.
Thief's Downfall (Waterfall that washes away enchantments)
AS LONG AS YOU HAD AT LEAST THESE 4 ITEMS, YOU GOT POINTS. IF YOU DIDN'T, YOU DIDN'T GET POINTS.
2. 400 points if correct -200 points if wrong
Whose patronus takes the form of a doe?
IF YOU DIDN'T PUT BOTH, YOU DIDN'T GET CREDIT
3. 200 points if correct -100 points if wrong What is the name of the correspondence course that Filch is taking to learn magic?
4. 200 points if correct -100 points if wrong
What is the song Peeves sings when he finds Harry Potter near the petrified students?
“Oh Potter, you rotter, what have you done, You’re killing off students, you think it’s good fun—”
5. 100 points if correct -50 points if wrong
What does Hermione consider worse than death?
BONUS!!! YOU MUST ATTEMPT AT LEAST 2 QUESTIONS BEFORE ANSWERING THE BONUS.
200 points for every correct answer -100 points for every wrong answer.
1. Name as many creatures as you can that the students at Hogwarts learned about/dealt with in Defense Against the Dark Arts
Troll, hinkypunk, boggart, cornish pixies, red caps, kappas, grindlylow, vampires, werewolves, dementors, Iguanas, and vampire bats. (Pretty sure that was everything.)
2. Name as many creatures as you can that the students at Hogwarts learned about/cared for in Care of Magical Creatures
Hippogriffs, flobberworms, thestrals, blast-ended skrewts, Bowtruckles, unicorns, salamanders, Nifflers, fire crabs, crups, knarls, porlocks, kneazles.
I wasn't going to accept the Grubbly-Plank list of future lessons at first, but then somebody cited a spot where one of those creatures was shown to them by Hagrid after he got back (crup or knarl I can't remember which) and that proved that they were in fact learning stuff from that list.
And now for the POINTS!
Slytherin--11,500 (3 people)
Gryffindor--10,900 (5 people)
Hufflepuff--11,700 (3 people)
Ravenclaw--12,100 (4 people)