Quoting Justine's Mama:" Thank you all ! I also been wanting a good chili recipe."
I have a pretty good 3-bean chili recipe on my pinterest board (I posted the link above) I cooked mine all on the stove-top, browned the meat, added the rest (the recipe says not to drain the cans of beans, but I did or it would of been really watery!), then simmered on low for 2 hours, yum!
Crock Pot 3 Bean Turkey Chili
Servings: 12 • Serving Size: 10.8 oz
- 1.3 lb (20 oz) fat free ground turkey breast
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4.5 oz) can chopped chilies, drained
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 (15.5 oz) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15.5 oz) can small red beans, drained
- 2 tbsp chili powder
For the Topping:
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro for topping
- shredded cheddar to top (extra pts)
Brown turkey and onion in a medium skillet over medium high heat until cooked through.
Drain any fat remaining and transfer to crock pot
. Add the beans, chilies, chickpeas tomatoes, tomato sauce and chili powder mixing well.
Cook on high 6-8 hours.
Garnish with onions, cilantro and cheese and enjoy!