eehhh I used to use kotex... not anymore, I use cloth pads.
I stopped because of this incident... Lol :
When Danielle Parr, a homemaker from Texas, accidentally ejected a tampon from its applicator, the last thing she expected to find were black marks all over it.
But on closer inspection, the mother of one found what appeared to be large spots of mould covering the tampon, a discovery that she described as 'horrifying' on her blog.
'I just found a MOLDY TAMPON in a brand new box of Kotex Tampons,' she wrote on her blog before checking to see if any others were contaminated.
Yuck! Danielle Parr from Texas holds the moldy tampon that she accidentally ejected from its applicator
'Yeah, you read that right - moldy. Straight out of the box, in it's sealed little packaging... moldy. Bad moldy.'
Though initially she had thought of calling the company to give them 'an earful', Mrs Parr decided to post the pictures she took of the single tampon so it could see the evidence for itself.
Kotex surprised her with an almost instant response from its customer service department, assuring her: 'We understand how distressing it can be to find mold on a product that is used for personal hygiene and apologize for your concern.
instances where it has been found, we conducted tests on the product involved and have found the mold to be a common environmental species that carries no health risk.'
The stay at home mother, who has a daughter and is married to her high school sweetheart, was shocked to be informed so casually that the mould was nothing more than naturally-occurring variety found on old vegetables.
Writing on her blog she said: 'Yeah, that's real reassuring. I was grossed out in the first place and their response just makes it worse!'
Funky: Mrs Parr received an email from the Kotex customer service department suggesting that the mold was most likely the variety found on old vegetables
Gynecologist Dr Jay Staub told local news station WFAA: 'The tampon that I saw was disgusting. If a woman uses a tampon that is contaminated with bacteria, mold, I suppose there can be a risk of infection because you're putting mold in the vagina.'
And this is not the first time Kotex has found itself in hot water with a potentially dangerous issue relating to their sanitary goods.
Kimberly-Clark who manufactures the range of feminine hygiene products recalled 1,400 cartons in November last year after concerns the tampons had been infiltrated by harmful bacteria capable of causing vaginal infections and even some 'life-threatening' conditions, according to MSNBC.
When news of the Texan tampon spread across the internet, Mrs Parr received a second email from Kotex apologising for any misunderstanding that they did not fully intend to prioritise the issue and examine how the sanitary product had become tainted.
'Nothing is more important to us than consumer safety,' wrote an account executive. 'Any discoloration or abnormality with our tampons is extremely rare, and we want to do a full investigation to determine the source and follow-up with our manufacturing facility.'
Now in a somewhat predictable backlash, Mrs Parr has been accused by some web surfers of deliberately marking the tampon herself with a Sharpie pen or of having stored the box in a damp place contrary to instructions.
In a later blog post she defended herself saying: 'Of course I wanted people to read about this, but I did not fabricate the story just to do so. I shared what happened because it's gross.
'It concerns me. Several people have messaged me and told me they have found similar Kotex tampons as well. This is not an isolated incident!'
And regardless of the compensatory coupons Kotex has sent so far, she vowed: 'I'll never be purchasing any of your products ever again.'
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2122368/Womans-shock-discovers-black-mould-tampon-accident.html#ixzz2EzZDnBC6
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter
| DailyMail on Facebook