Quoting Nymphadora:" When I started seeing this doctor with this pregnancy (had to change due to insurance), she pulled my ... [snip!] ... consulting me about my condition and warning me that the surgery was actually much more risky that inducing me in that state."
I have a very similar story then! I wasn't even diagnosed yet with full on pre-e. I just had uncrontrollable high blood pressure. my kidneys and liver were fine. I just had high b/p and heart rate. I was on medication and bed rest but it wasn't working unless i stayed in the hospital. My doctor kept telling me over and over...Well if i have to take the baby soon, i'll have to section you. Your cervix is way too high and hard.
But the day we decided we really had to do something he pretty much gave me the choice..said we could do a c section that day...or be induced 2 days later and it would be at LEAST a 3 to 4 day long induction and would likely end in a c section anyway. I chose a c-section but i regret it SOO badly. I should have at least tried.
I sooo feel your pain mama.