A friend of mine shared this article
on FB about it going around in her area and I quoted and shared the following 2 big points made in the article (plus some other helpful info) in hopes of educating some of my friends who'd been dealing with it recently.
-"people who have had norovirus are still contagious from three days to two weeks after their symptoms go away" *Norovirus can also live on surfaces for up to a month so please try and keep your child out of school and high traffic kid play areas "ideally for 2 to 3 days" and avoid play dates and parties for a couple weeks as well and make sure your house is thoroughly cleaned (going to the next point)
-"Norovirus can live on hard surfaces for several days if they arenít properly disinfected. Itís important to use cleaning solutions that include bleach to ensure that the virus is killed......Popular cleaning supplies like disposable wipes often donít include bleach and wonít be effective in killing norovirus" *Also many hand sanitizers do NOT kill norovirus either, you need to check if yours does though hand washing with soap and water is your best bet