I've got a recipe for drunken chicken in the crockpot, and it says to cook on high 4-5 hours. Is that long enough? I've never made a whole chicken before so I'm kinda skeptical. I thought it would take longer.
ALSO, here is the recipe I'm using. I plan on adding some garlic, rosemary and carrots, but that's about it. Anyone else have some suggestions?
- 1 3-4 pound chicken, cleaned and patted dry
- 3 tablespoons + 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 6-8 small potatoes, halved
- 1/2 a large onion, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 12-ounce beer
Link if you want it http://crepesofwrath.net/2012/07/12/crock-pot-beer-chicken/
(its a blog so you have to scroll close to the bottom for the recipe, there is lots of other junk before it)