Quoting Mama Dev♥:" This is a "tag" going around YouTube but I thought I would bring it to BG cause I wanted to get in on ... [snip!] ... do it with my cousins, I couldn't do it with my niece or nephew, and I certainly don't think I could do it with my child! "
1. Pro-life vs. Pro-choice
: I'm pro-choice. I wouldn't ever be able to have an abortion but I believe that every woman should have the right to one.
* I'm Pro-Choice, none of business what some other woman does with
her body, it's her body.
2. Baby Wearing
: I'm going to baby wear, I feel it's easier to do things around the house with both arms free and have your baby right with you!
* I'm baby wearing, it's easier, and a nice way to bond with your child.
: I do believe in circumcision and we will be getting our son circumcised (if he is a boy).
* I don't believe in circumcision, it should be left up to the man, it's his junk.
: I am all for adoption, if you can't take care of your baby the way you wish you could or you don't want to then I think giving the baby to someone who will care for it or give it the life you wish you could but just can't, is wonderful.
* I'd love to adopt, maybe one day. I'd love to adopt from a foreign country.
5. Baby Piercing
: I think it's cute if you do get it done but when I got my ears pierced it was a birthday present when I was 7 and I loved having the choice to take them out if I didn't want them. So if I have a daughter I'm going to do what my mom did & wait for a birthday.
* I will get my daughter's ears pierced, it is not up for disussion.
6. Breast Milk vs. Formula
: I'm going to try and breast feed but there are complications that can arise and sometimes you just can't, so I'm for both. I don't think it's bad if you choose to formula feed right off the bat.
* I will be breastfeeding, it's healthier, and it's better, than formula.
: I was raised being spanked and it didn't kill me and I don't think a smack on the butt or the hand is bad. I would never spank hard just a little swat will do after a couple warnings.
* I don't believe in spanking, and don't find it necessary to hit my child.
: I've co-slept when I've taken care of all my little brothers overnight when they were babies and I always would wake up and make sure I wasn't laying on them so I don't think I will co-sleep.
* I believe in co-sleeping, and will co-sleep with my baby. What better
way to bond, than to co-sleep.
9. Home vs. Public vs. Private vs. Charter
: I was in public school until high school because I wanted to graduate early & so I started doing online school from home. Ultimately I'm going to put my child in public school until they decide they want to do online or charter for themselves.
* I'd like to home-school. I don't believe in private schools, and I hate public schools.
: Well, when the time comes I'm going to research the vaccinations they "need" at the time and see the pro's and con's and the benefits of getting them. So I'll probably be selective vaccinating.
* I will not vaccinate my child, unless absolutely neccessary.
11. Medicating Children
: If the baby is sick and has a fever obviously I'm going to give them some Tylenol but if some doctor has diagnosed my child with like ADHD, I'm going to take them to a different doctor and see if they say the same thing before I put my kid on any medication.
I will never, ever put my child on psychiatric medication. Kids do not
need that smurf in their bodies.
12. Cloth vs Disposable Diapers
: I'm all for cloth diapering but personally I'm going to use disposable. It's much more easier when they're young and by the time I would use a cloth diaper would be close to potty training anyway.
* I like clothe diapers, please.
13. Cry-It-Out Method
: Honestly, I don't think I could sit there and listen to my baby cry, I couldn't do it with my brothers, I couldn't do it with my cousins, I couldn't do it with my niece or nephew, and I certainly don't think I could do it with my child!
* Cry-It-Out? Absolutely smurfing not!! I couldn't listen to my niece's or nephew's cry, why in the hell could I do it with my child?!!
Angela Dawn Chambers <3