Quoting Just Ames:" I think your decision will be clear when the time comes."
I did not want the epidural and was told I may not be able to have one due to my scoliosis but when I was in labor my tune changed because I didn't anticipate what would happen. My son's heart rate kept dropping (they thought it was cord compression but it turned out it was a rare issue called velamentous insertion of the cord where the cord is attached to the membrane around the placenta instead of implanted firmly) and that made it so I was stuck on one side, unable to move around or do anything I planned on doing to ease the contractions.
Made it to almost 7 centimeters and gave up because I was also having back labor and I couldn't take it. I didn't even consider that I may not be allowed to move freely like I wanted or that something could go wrong. Thankfully the epidural went off without a hitch and my spine didn't cause issues with its placement. Beat myself about it and I was mildly worried about the risks at the actual time but you really don't know what you'll do until you're actually in labor!