I'm 38weeks along and yesterday at my weekly appt my BP suddenly went from normal to 142/82. They took blood and asked me to come back in on Friday to recheck rather then waiting until Monday's appt.
Now tonight I get an email from my dr telling me to come in tomorrow (wed) for repeat blood work and additional BP check as my platlets are low (I'm at 107 and normal is min 150) but my liver is fine. She wants to rule out preeclampsia. So really I guess I'm totally dumbfounded! As my BP spiked at 35weeks with my first pregnancy but despite all testing I never showed any signs or symptoms of preeclampsia. Any other moms have similar issues and come up negative? Or did you end up with a diagnosis and ultimately delivery early?
As an FYI I was induced with my first pregnancy at 39week which ended in csection at 39.3weeks. Therefore cannot be induced again and will require a repeat csection which I am desperately to avoid. I want a natural vbac do badly but now fear that option is gone!!!' having a repeat c with a 3yr old toddler is just going to BLOW!!!
Well, it probably doesn't really apply to your situation what I had go on. They kept taking my blood pressure when I'd first walk into the door. Which sucked for them because I may have been 36 weeks pregnant but I was not going to be lazy and take the elevator. I always took the stairs. So my blood pressure was a little on the high side.
Stress can also induce high blood pressure. I started eating some blood pressure lowering foods like garlic. Garlic helps a lot. I would just take a deep breath and go to your appointment. You could have early signs or it could be something else. You'll be fine Mama. Trust your doctors to do the best by you. I know some of them aren't so great but I had pretty good doctors. Hoping for the best for you!
So thank you for your feedback. I went into the OB this morning for repeat bloodwork (waiting on it to come back) and a BP check. BP was still elevated - they wouldn't tell me actual number. So that lead to another NST (which I do every week to monitor my baby due to Gestational Diabetes). My urine had no protein in it this morning, but they are still checking my blood as I may have a condition called Gestational thrombocytopenia which makes the possibility of bleeding out VERY HIGH. So, even if I am not preeclampsic I may no longer be a good candidate for a VBAC / So now I am just waiting on blood work and seeing what my Dr wants to do. The baby is doing great and I am sure if they let her be that all would be well - but it's me who always falls apart.