Quoting melindapple:" thats because the world [and internet world] is filled with different people with different perspectives. ... [snip!] ... people picking fights have good advice and are nice on other threads. Just depends on what they are passionate about i guess."
Generally, the only things you need to succeed on BG are these:
1. Proper spelling, grammar and punctuation (Small mistakes are ok, but don't leet it up or post in all caps)
2. Be open minded saying something like "The christian way of raising kids is the best" will get you bitched out.
3. Don't ask anything that can be google searched. We aren't google, we assume you are either too stupid to use google or too lazy. Unless you've already looked and can't find something, or you want to know how other people dealt with it.
4. Don't post your horribly dramatic life (no money, BD sucks, 13 and TTC) and expect us to coddle you. If you are acting like an idiot we will treat you like one. And if you post money problems and then two days later post about your new iPhone don't think people won't notice. They will.
5. Don't fake anything. We will know.
Honestly, I've never seen anyone follow this list and be hated/banned/ignored.