My friend and I are trying to raise awareness and money for cancer and MS. His organization is called Skate for dreams. We need 300 likes to our group page to be an official organization. So I am going to give away a $5 gift card to one lucky person who likes our page. We are based out of NH but there are groups spreading across the states. I am gonna post this years mission on here and if you think its a good cause please join us to raise money find a cure against cancer. Make sure to post your name here to be entered to win. The winner will be chosen from random.org.
Liking page gets you one point
referrals gets your a point
any donations get give, you the the number of points you donate.
Link to like:
Skate4Dreams strives to hype up youth on the importance of cancer prevention and community building.
When Skate4Dreams first came to fruition, Jake Flanagan was sixteen years old. He had lost his papa to lung cancer. He had witnessed the people he loved fighting the toughest battles of their lives, and he wanted to redirect his sadness by pushing himself as hard as he could. The idea to skateboard from Salem,NH to Boston,MA came to him, and he went for it. All of the attention that he gained while touring through the many towns were used as a platform to spread knowledge on cancer prevention awareness.
At the core, this is what Skate4Dreams will always be about. Our heart is pure and simple. S4D is still just a bunch of motivated, gnarly skateboarders who want to raise money and awareness while performing marathons across countries. We strive to actively grow a community that fosters discussion and support. We are a strictly volunteer based organization and we redirect any financial proceeds towards various hospitals and causes we believe in. Working with our community, we can use the combined passion to drastically reduce the presence of cancer. and NOW Multiple Sclerosis.
THE CURE IS KNOWLEDGE
- Raise awareness through skateboard marathons in various countries
- Bring attention to cancer prevention
- Maintain an open and unabashed dialogue related to cancer
- Create a strong sense of community
- Donate all proceeds to hospitals and charities
- Encourage volunteer involvement
- Bring attention to MS prevention
- have all your friends like our facebook page our goal is to reach 300 before the first day of summer.(300+)
- help spread the word about events
- try to get your friends involved
- voulunteeer with us and around your community
- and also check out our friend Rob Dyer
The Cure is Knowledge encourages healthy living and an active lifestyle focused on cancer & MS prevention.
Armed with the understanding that 80% of cancers can be prevented with early detection and healthy lifestyles, The Cure is Knowledge proposes that the only cure currently available is knowledge. We aim to create a public awareness of these forms of cancer, emphasizing the importance of understanding our bodies and family histories.
By creating educational campaigns that are easy to understand, we hope to inspire youth to incorporate preventative methods into their busy lives. Our approach includes informative videos, social media pushes and effective blogs as well as several informative campaigns including Self-Breast Exam, You are what you eat, Light Up a Smile and Hair4Cancer.
Our goal is to bring together a community in support of these movements – one that will pass the knowledge on to others. By instilling positive habits in young people we can create a generation of people that are well informed on preventative healthy living and being familiar with their bodies.
The Cure is Knowledge often takes its campaigns on the road, travelling on tours with some of our favourite bands. Musicians have helped us in the past by lending their music to the cause.
Participating in The Cure is Knowledge isn’t about money, it’s about involving yourself in active prevention – use your own body as a way to join our fight!
- To develop accessible, informative campaigns on cancer prevention
- To reach youth through various outlets: social networking, The Cure is Knowledge website & international tours
- To encourage learning in a positive environment
- To provide a wide catalogue of resources for those seeking more information