I was just wondering if anyone out there with a uterine septum and double cervix has delivered vaginally--please note that I'm not referring to anyone with two separate uteri.
With my first child I delivered via c-section for fear of the unknown...I didn't know what my uterus looked like, if I had two or if it was one with a septum, or just a regular uterus. All I knew is I had two cervixes and that they did not dilate at 41 weeks. My dr. gave me the choice to be either induced or have a c-section due to the fact that my blood pressure was very high.
She told me I made the right decision with the c-section and she partially removed my septum, and told me that with any future pregnancies I would definitely need a c-section. And she is a supporter of VBAC, so I trust her opinion.
I'm now 15 weeks along with my second pregnancy and I had to get a new ob-gyn. He thinks that it is possible for me to try VBAC. I want to do what is best for my body. I'm worried that VBAC might be too risky for me.
Is there anyone out there who can relate? Or offer any knowledgeable advice?
I'm in the same boat, though we did the c-section with my son because he was breech, they assumed I had 2 uteri but found out it is actually 1 heart shaped uterus with a septum, the lower half of the septum was removed. I'm 19 wks now with #2 and have been asking the same questions. I never even got to go into labour or find out if either cervix would open or not. I have only been seeing my family doctor so far, but will be referred back to the OB I had with my son next month, she'll be the one with the final word on it. She had been open to breech vaginal birth with my son, so if anyone would allow a VBAC it would be her, but she is also the one that did my c-section and told me c-sections are my only choice from then on. we shall see if anything has changed in the last 2 years.