Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 5 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 (3.5 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix (can also use cheesecake flavored pudding)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups pumpkin puree
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
If you want you can make a graham cracker crust instead of the baked crust, using these instructions:
Mix graham cracker crumbs and melted butter until moist, press into pan and bake @ 350 for 15 minutes. Cool before adding remaining pie ingredients
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, butter or margarine, and 1 cup chopped pecans. Beat until thoroughly combined. Press mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine cream cheese, 2 cups of the whipped topping, confectioners' sugar, and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth. Spread evenly over cooled crust.
- In a large mixing bowl combine pudding, milk, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and 2 more cups of whipped topping. Stir until thoroughly combined. Spoon mixture over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining 1 cup of whipped topping. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup chopped pecans if desired. Chill at least 1 hour before serving.
this worked very well for me in a spring form pan but any deep pie pan should work