EDIT JANUARY 2012 - UPDATED RESOURCES
This thread is to provide support for adoptive parents or parents hoping to adopt! Prayers for eveyrone in this process as it can be so painful, frustrating and well...sometimes exciting!
Resources for Adoptive Families
2011 Adoption Guide
- This is a great up-to-date resource for people looking to get started with adoption.
Adoptive Families Magazine
- I like this magazine and their online forum. There are some excellent resources and encouraging articles.
Adopt US Kids
- Foster kids waiting for adoption. Children whose parents have lost their rights. These kids are looking for permanent homes. This is typically the lowest-cost adoption.
The Dave Thomas Foundation
- Dave Thomas was adopted. This is the foundation he started to bring awareness to adoption, provide grants etc .
- This is a great site to use if you're trying to adopt domestically and are in search of a birthmother. This is what we used when we adopted our oldest daughter.
Also consider registering with DSS... Websites vary by state.
PLEASE USE CAUTION WHEN COMMUNICATING WITH PROSPECTIVE BIRTHMOTHERS. USE CAUTION WHEN BEING ASKED TO HELP "FUND" PROSPECTIVE ADOPTIVE PARENT'S HOPING TO ADOPT.
- An excellent overview on the types of adoption scams.
Myths about adoption
- A nice article about the truths of adoption.